in

Huawei launching first flagship phone in Europe but without Google’s services

Huawei Technologies is planning going ahead with the launch of new high-end smamrtphone in Europe even after its inability of offering Google’s official Android operating system along with system’s other widely used apps like Google Maps, executives from the company told Reuters.

Huawei, which is the world’s second largest smartphone maker, is ready to introduce its new flagship phones series of Mate 30 in Europe on September 18 in Munich, one of the sources told Reuters, but the details about device’s availability to go on sale is still unclear.

In mid of May this year, administration of U.S. President Donald Trump has blacklisted the Chinese tech giant on charges of being involved in activities that are threatening for the national security, an allegation company repeatedly denied, and after that banning, Mate 30 is the first major high-end smartphone launch by Huawei which is compatible with the new 5G mobile networks technology.

Because of the U.S. ban on selling products to Huawei, licensed Google apps and services could not be offered in Mate 30, a spokesman told Reuters, adding that new products like Mate 30 does not fall under the last-week temporary amnesty by the U.S. government .

After the blacklisting of Huawei, companies in the United States can sell specific products to Huawei only after seeking a special license for such products that are exempted from the ban. Alphabet Inc’s Google, in the past, has though showed its consent upon selling to Huawei but still not specified whether it has applied for the license to offer its apps and service namely Google Mobile Services to Huawei.

According to a last week report by Reuters, more than 130 companies have submitted applications that have been received by the U.S. Commerce Department seeking license to sell U.S. products to Huawei, but none have been accorded with that license yet.

What do you think?

0 points
Upvote Downvote
Gary Williams

Written by Gary Williams

Gary Williams:- Technology

I am Gary Williams and I’m passionate about business and finance news with over 9 years in the industry starting as a writer working my way up into senior positions. I am the driving force behind newsstoriesworld.com with a vision to broaden the company’s readership throughout 2015. I am an editor and reporter of “Technology” category.

Apple’s new move of supplying parts to independent repair shops

Facebook admitted to have privacy protection flaw in Messenger Kids app