On Wednesday, Chemed Corporation (NYSE: CHE) ended the last transaction at $313.93, with a change of plunged -1.02 percent. or -3.24 points. The daily volume was calculated at 88,199 shares. The company has a market worth of $5.051 billion and the numbers of outstanding shares have been measured to be 16.09M shares. It holds an average volume of 211,043 shares. In recent session, the stock hit the peak level of $317.88 and touched to lowest level of $312.25.
Chemed Corporation (Chemed) (CHE) stated financial results for its 2nd quarter ended June 30, 2018, versus the comparable prior-year period, as follows:
Consolidated operating results:
- Revenue raised 6.4 percent to $442M
- GAAP Diluted Earnings-per-Share (EPS) of $3.27
- Adjusted Diluted EPS of $2.81, an raise of 30.7 percent
VITAS section operating results:
- Net Patient Revenue of $297M, an raise of 4.2 percent
- Average Daily Census (ADC) of 17,643, an raise of 7.6 percent
- Admissions of 16,858, an raise of 3.4 percent
- Net Income, not including special items, of $31.8M, an raise of 25.6 percent
- Adjusted EBITDA of $43.1M, an raise of 1.2 percent
Roto-Rooter section operating results:
- Revenue of $145M, an raise of 11.3 percent
- Net Income of $25.3M, an raise of 48.3 percent
- Adjusted EBITDA of $36.5M, an raise of 19.8 percent
- Adjusted EBITDA margin of 25.2 percent, an raise of 179-basis points
- VITAS net revenue was $297M in the second quarter of 2018, which is an raise of 6.3 percent, when contrast to the prior-year period. This revenue raise is comprised primarily of a geographically weighted average Medicare reimbursement rate raise of about 0.6 percent; a 7.6 percent raise in average daily census; and a Medicare Cap liability that reduced revenue growth by 0.1 percent. This growth is partially offset by acuity mix shift that negatively influenced revenue growth 1.6 percent when contrast to the prior-year period.
- In the second quarter of 2018, VITAS accrued $536,000 in Medicare Cap billing limitations. At June 30, 2018, VITAS had 30 Medicare provider numbers, two of which have a current estimated 2018 Medicare Cap billing limitation liability of about $971,000.
- Of VITAS’ 30 Medicare provider numbers, 26 provider numbers have a Medicare Cap cushion of 10 percent or greater, two provider numbers have a cap cushion between 5 percent and 10 percent and two provider numbers have a Medicare Cap billing limitation for the 2018 Medicare Cap period.
- Average revenue per patient per day in the quarter was $188.69, which is 1.2 percent below the prior-year period. Reimbursement for routine home care and high acuity care averaged $164.51 and $707.96, respectively. During the quarter, high acuity days-of-care were 4.5 percent of total days of care, 53-basis points less than the prior-year quarter.
- The second quarter of 2018 gross margin, not including Medicare Cap, was 21.6 percent, which is a 54-basis point decline when contrast to the second quarter of 2017.
- Selling, general and administrative expense was $20.7M in the second quarter of 2018, which is a favorable decline of 2.9 percent contrast to the prior-year quarter. Adjusted EBITDA, not including Medicare Cap, totaled $43.6M in the quarter, an raise of 1.9 percent. Adjusted EBITDA margin, not including Medicare Cap, was 14.7 percent in the quarter which is a 64-basis point decline when contrast to the prior-year period.
The Stock latest closing price distance was -2.48 percent down from 50 day simple moving average of $320.62 and was 11.04 percent above from 200 day simple moving average of $300.32. The opening transaction was made at price of $316.79 and previous close was noted at $317.17